Wednesday, May 26, 2010

crosswords

my friend sarah introduced me to a new hobby: crossword puzzles.
every morning i open the paper (the holland sentinel) and fill out the crossword. it is thrilling to watch my pen slowly fill in the boxes.

note to self: buy a crossword book for the plane ride to england.

speaking of england, i leave in ten days. i haven't begun packing yet, nor have i really thought about packing. i am going home on saturday to spend some time with my family before i leave, but part of me wishes i could stay in holland for one more week and take in the sunshine and the smells of all the wonderful summer plants that grow here. home is where my family is, and i love them. but home is also crowded and busy and not as pretty as holland. there is so much humanity packed into the borders of southeast michigan, and that overwhelms me.

last night chris and i drove to grand rapids, had dinner with his parents, and went out on their boat on reeds lake. i had a lot of fun relaxing on the boat and talking with chris and his parents. the sky was beautiful as the sun burst through the spattering of clouds just before it began to set. being out on the lake made me feel even more like i don't want to go back to my hometown. does anyone know of any beautiful spots i can go to in southeast michigan? how have i not discovered them after living there for 21 years?

after the boat ride, chris and i watched the season finale of LOST on chris' parents' big screen tv. COOL. i am still confused about what actually happened to all of the characters and the island. chris tried to explain to me, but i'm still not sure i understand. and speaking of not understanding, i'm having trouble figuring out and finishing today's crossword.

No comments:

Post a Comment