Saturday, May 15, 2010

in the beginning

"let us all be from somewhere; let us tell each other everything we can"

i am going to blog about my summer.
summer 2010 has a lot in store. i think amazing things are going to happen.


while looking for a title for my new blog, i went to a poem i wrote last fall--an imitation poem based on the poem "a primer" by bob hicok, published in the new yorker in 2008. the poem is about growing up in michigan, and i translated this to fit my experience growing up in a specific town in michigan: ann arbor. i used to spend summer afternoons walking the streets of ann arbor, hence the title of this blog, "five hundred afternoons." with this blog, i will document the "500 afternoons" of my summer and the following months (of my senior year in college). i am extending an invitation to you to join me on this adventure via this blog. to those of you that i am blessed to know in real life, i am excited to share in this adventure with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment