Friday, August 26, 2011

in the beginning

I am embarking on a new adventure today. Thanks to my friend Chelsea for reminding me that this IS an adventure, and not merely just a "next step" in life. I am moving into my own apartment this afternoon, and I begin a full-time job (with benefits!) on Monday. I will be TEACHING. Livin' the dream, as Christopher Cox told me. It is amazing how God took me, this girl who four years ago said "I never want to work with kids," and turned me into a woman passionate about children and furthering their education. I LOVE TEACHING! I am ecstatic about this opportunity. Alas, I am also terrified. This position is so new to me, and I don't want to fail these children. I am up for the challenge though! My wonderful friends and family remind me of this constantly. I love you all.

and... I am off! Blasting through my radio on the drive across the state will be a playlist, full of songs with titles like: "The Adventure," "Kids," "Spinning," "In the Beginning," "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," "Take Me Home Tonight," and "Dog Days Are Over."

Bring it on, life. I am here to love you and live in you fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment