Sunday, September 4, 2011

weekend thoughts

The transition into living alone has been both a great one and a lonely one for me. While I have friends here in Grand Rapids, I only have a few close friends who have stuck around the area since graduation, and a few of my friends are still in school and have classes. I want to find a church community that I can connect with. GR friends: any young adult/church community suggestions?

Also, friends who live alone: any suggestions on how to combat loneliness in your new apartment?

The nice part about living alone is that I am finally finding "me" again. I spent the last two years trying my hardest to please others and be who I thought they needed me to be. That is no way to live! Now, I am forced to focus on myself. I am remembering what I need to be happy. This has been a nice time of restoration and recharging for me. I also love the freedom to come and go as I please.

Many times this week, I have jumped on my bike, and I spent an hour or two riding around GR, just exploring. I have discovered neighborhoods, coffee shops, and little shops that I would love to visit soon. If any of my West Michigan friends would like to join me on these adventures, you are always welcome! I would greatly appreciate the company!

-----

Coming soon:
End-of-Summer updates
More India posts!
Thoughts on love and growing up

No comments:

Post a Comment